Jul 7, 2008

The future

Ap tests came in today.
I got a four :)
Yeah, I wanted a 5 but I tried my best, and I'm really proud of myself.
I'm thinking about my future, and it doesn't seem that far away.
I've sold myself short one time too many. It's really sad to think that the only thing standing in the way of my success is not friends, not family, but myself. I am holding myself back.
What kind of idiot holds them self back?!
Seriously.
It is way past time to change my ways.
I'm standing in front of my own light, and its time I got out of the way. It's been dark for awhile now, and I've never fully realized that its my fault.
So step one.
Admit that you are the problem.
Check.
Step two will be a list of things I will do to change, and the final stage will be implementation.
I know I always say I'll change, and this time I really will.
I know why my parents are disappointed sometimes. It's because they see what I've been blind to all along. They see the future. And everything that I can be.
And as of today? The light has been turned on, so to say. Because I see it, too.

Actions speak louder than words, I know.
So wait and see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

no jamila the only thing holding you back is your sorry loser butted alcohlic slut of friends
srry the truth hurts