Sep 19, 2008

The devil makes work for idle hands

I'm feeling restless.
I'm feeling like the world is waiting at my door, and I am taking too long to get dressed.
And I'm afraid, like an angry date, the world will get tired of waiting and leave before I can answer the door.
I want to write a book, but I have no patience for the second draft.
I want to save the world, but I want the change to be immediate.
I want to make a gourmet meal, but I want it to be instant.
I want to do everything.
Yet, here I sit, and I do nothing.
I feel like a car with a full tank of gas, with the keys dangling expectantly from the ignition, that sits idle. And before you know it it's out of gas and it hasn't gone anywhere.
I want to do something, anything.
I want, no I need, to have new experiences and to meet new people.
I want to do everything once.
And no, obviously I don't want to shoot up meth, and shoot someone for the fun of it and maybe even rob a bank.
I am full of empty anticipation.
I want to...
1. Go to a concert
2. Spend a year abroad
3. Write a best selling novel
4. Become a youtube celebrity
5. Host SNL
6. Go to Disneyland
7. Join a soccer team
8. Run a marathon
9. Go dancing
10. Stay out all night
11. Publish something
12. Be a guest on Oprah
13. Have my own talk show
14. Act in a movie
15. Be on the cover of a magazine
16. Go bungee jumping
17. Make new friends
18. Drive a car
... to be continued

No comments: