Aug 3, 2008

Busy bees :)




The busy man is troubled with but one devil; the idle man by a thousand

I think maybe it's because I hardly ever am, or maybe it's because when I am it's by choice, but there is nothing I love more than being busy.
I just love the adrenaline that comes with having so much to do and the slight worry that you won't have enough time.
Busy, busy, busy weekend.
So Uncle M was off this weekend so I got a chance to be out and about. Saturday was Somali day, and him and I2 got haircuts.
A funny story, actually.
We walk into the barber shop and there's this 'yo-yo' kid with the baggy jeans about 5 sizes to big, hanging around his ankles. But what was weird about him was the fact that he was missing a strip of hair down the middle, and the rest was an afro.
His father, being traditional had told the barber to cut off all his son's hair, and the son, trying to be modern but getting it all wrong, wanted some sort of braided style.
And the barber, obviously, listened to the man that would make his pocket $12 fatter. So the kid was flipping a fit and causing such a scene. And I was just sitting there stuffing my fists in my mouth trying to keep from laughing, lest I be shot by these wannabe gangsters in a fit of misplaced rage.
And today we spent the day at Valley Fair. The most enormous theme park I have ever been too. Seriously, Oaks Park? An ant in comparison.
And that was heaven.
There is nothing I love more than that moment where you're roller coaster is at the very top of the hill and you feel a momentary pang of regret at being stupid enough to get on that thing, and the next minute you're flying and your senses are too overwhelmed to do anything, to feel anything, but that moment. Nothing but the screams around you and the sky above you and the wind in your hair.


No comments: