Mar 13, 2009

RIP the American Dream

The American dream is the not the quest of every American to own their own home.
Contrary to popular belief, it is not the belief that someone can make it from the slums to the likes of Donald Trump.
No, it's nothing like that.
The American Dream is all about freedom.
It's about driving down the street with the top down, radio blaring, best friend to your right, the sun kissing your face, and wind in your hair.
It's about the need in every single one of us to drive and have a license.
And today at 9:00 AM when I failed my license test, it felt like a part of me died. I felt like freedom was almost in my clutches before a 60+ drive test examiner, whose breath REEKED of alcohol, no less, snatched it away from me.
So let's pray for my American Dream to RIP.
Oh America, you have failed me.

1 comment:

Shu said...

O: Nooo! Ca you retake it? I'm sowwy :( Retake it and go to another place! You'll get it next time :3