Nov 3, 2008

I have a dream part 2

oh em gee.
This blog-a-day thing is actually kinda hard!
After a long hard day of campaigning by Barack Obama's side (hahaa. Seriously, I freakin wish.), I mean making phone calls and being hung up on, I am exhausted!
Not to mention the fifty billion math problems I have to do before tomorrow.
Slight exaggeration.
But tomorrow is election day and I'm excited and nervous and slightly nauseous.
I am suffering from Post-traumatic election anxiety disorder.
Google it, I did not make that up, I swear.
You would think I was running for president. My palms are constantly sweaty, my stomachs churning, I haven't eaten for days...
I kid, I kid.
But seriously.
Years from today this entry will be a documentation of a historical event.
A moment in time captured by yours truly.
(Please edit!)
But tomorrow will be the day America really proves herself to me.
Show me your true colors.
Literally.
I can't help but wonder: Tomorrow night at this time, will our president be black?
Or, more accurately, can our president be black?
I've noticed that people are afraid of change. Weather it's good or bad.
So tonight as America holds her breath I pray silently:
Do not let us down.
For too long the American Dream has seem so illusive and suddenly, there it is, withing reach.
America, grab on and hold on for dear life.
Can we do it?
Yes.
We most certainly can.
Will we do it?
Only time will tell.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YES WE CAN
YES WE CAN!